Monday, October 19, 2009

ESPN College Game Day comes to Provo, Utah (brought to you by Home Depot)

I was shocked to read that ESPN Game Day was coming to Provo to do their morning show before the BYU vs TCU game.


Granted both teams are ranked but the game will be on Versus and not on ESPN. In fact, the MWC even spurned ESPN and created their own network. So why is ESPN doing this? I think it is because this is the only ranked game of the week. I looked at the college football schedule and this is it. http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/8 There are no other games of interest going on that week. Well I guess we got to take what we can take. If it takes a loser week of football games for ESPN to come to Provo, then I guess that is good for BYU football. I sure hope we don't screw it up and lose like we did against Florida State. Good Luck Cougars!

BTW, I use this old BYU Logo because it is the one I grew up with and love. I just cannot accept the logo. I know it has been years but it is just not right.

4 comments:

Maursupial said...

Amen on the logo. My family tells me to get over it, but I just can't. Same goes for the new "Enter to Learn Go forth to Serve" sign. I hate it.

Mycket said...

Props on the use of the logo. True Blue Coug.
As for ESPN, it is the first time in school history. How pretty is LaVell Edwards Stadium? I think we deserve it. For the aforementioned and following reasons: 1)One can always hope that ESPN and the powers that be at the BCS are starting to get over their snobery of the MWC and are starting to warm up to the idea that we're actually pretty good as a conference. 2)We're the ONLY non BCS conference with THREE teams in the top 20. Hell, we're one of only four conferences that have three or more teams in the top 20. That's pretty darn good. We should be considered elite. 3)it's gonna be an amazing game. The game of the season for us - bigger than the Utah game. And we have a chip on our shoulder from last year.
Yeah, its big. I wish I was there, too. But only partly for Kirk Herbstreit.

Melissa said...

My favorite part of this post: "brought to you by Home Depot." Hahhahahahaha!

Okay, maybe that's my second favorite part. My first favorite part is the logo!

Gooooooo Cougars!

Andi Sri Suriati Amal said...

hi.. hello, please visit me at http://parenting-library.blogspot.com/.